Friday, October 4, 2013

Loving purple and teal! Two bags...

Bess just had to be in on the action (after all, Rumbles was in the last post!)


The satchel on the left is from a pattern called Handy Satchel by Catherine McMurray, published in Australian magazine Handmade (vol 27 no 9 2010). The bag on the right is from the Friends Hanging Out Together pattern ( I didn't do the stitchery from the pattern) in Creating Country Threads vol 10 no 12 2010.

This bag was made for Kieran's girlfriend at the time, Tyla Adams. There is a pocket on the front. 
This bag is about 26 x 36 cm in size.

The satchel was just a spare bag, made so I could try out the pattern - I sold it in 2014 at the annual car-boot sale at school to one of my pupils, Kimberley Clearwater.
Has a pocket on the back.  The satchel is about 40 x 43 cm in size. Fabrics were bought at Spotlight (the hearts) and the rest are from Kits n Things. 

Linking up with Amanda Jean's Friday Night Sew-in...


3 comments:

  1. Wow, tha is some bright purple and teal! They work well together and make great looking bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate, I love all manner of colour and the vibrancy of this combination was calling to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the bags. Isn't it great to have something that is original - not like all the other shop bought ones?? I've looked at your blog before and I think we went to T-col together many years ago. :-)

    ReplyDelete