Sunday, May 6, 2018

Fly High baby quilt


My plan is to use up as many children's fabrics as I can from my stash, as well as scraps, 
by creating a set of baby quilts for the neo-natal unit & Ronald McDonald House 
at Southland Hospital in Invercargill.


I've started with this one, using up a flannel jellyroll that I picked up 
from Spotlight at the end of last year.

I created rail-fence blocks then twisted and turned them to create the layout.
I used some extra strips to bulk up the sides, and used up some leftover blocks to lengthen it as well.


It measures 27" x 31" and has a plain flannel backing.

You can see that I kept with the aeronautical theme by quilting clouds along horizontal lines.


The backing is just a plain pale blue flannel, with some leftover blocks as a small feature panel.



3 comments:

  1. Super cute, love the cloud quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, I did feel quite inspired!

      Delete
  2. Such a cheerful donation quilt. Congratulations on your beautiful finish and thanks for participating in Finish-A-Long on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete