Sunday, September 23, 2018

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Summer Buzz Cut

Kia ora from the deep south of New Zealand, down towards the bottom of the world! I'm Jenny and I'm joining in with the 2018 Blogger's Quilt Festival, being hosted by Amy Ellis and with a heap of great prizes up for grabs.

My first share is the Summer Buzz Cut that I made in January for our sitting room sofa:


My first quilt finish of 2018.

Measures 59" square.


This was my summer project and was completely made from my stash!




Is from a pattern called 'Buzzcut' by Me and My Sister Designs which is in their book '12-Pack Quilts' and took me quite a few hours (I watched full seasons of 13 Reasons, The Crown second series, the third series of Reign and the Virgin Queen mini-series on Netflix while cutting, piecing and quilting).  


Here it is with its buddy quilt #summer:







16 comments:

  1. Lovely colours & love the sister quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Susan; it's a colour theme throughout the house and I just love how relaxing and fresh it is.

      Delete
  2. It’s kind of revealing when we can make a quilt out of stash ;) There is no such ting as having too much fabric. Love it - great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stash is really a fabric preservation collection...is it not?

      Delete
  3. Lovely quilts - both of them. I do like your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colors are so soothing. Amazing what can be made out of the stash. Great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So satisfying to use something in the stash (and make room for new fabrics LOL!)

      Delete
  5. Lovely quilt; I see you caught the teal and gray buzz like I did this year. Isn't it a wonderful color combination. I also made two quilts too with the same color combination and I'm calling them sisters also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love this colour combo - have used a variation of it in the bedroom too. Yes, it is such a relaxing colour combo; I don't think I will tire of it for quite a long time.

      Delete
  6. I love the movement in this pattern. Great job choosing this beautiful palette from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah - it certainly is nice to look at in the living room (I always get a wee 'buzz' out of seeing it LOL!)

      Delete
  7. LOVE the colors! It's a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally - great to have you 'visiting'!

      Delete
  8. Love, love the colors in this! What a clever use of this block! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated; thanks for dropping by - your blog is one I have been following for a loooonnnng time, so it is lovely to have you 'visit' - have a great weekend.

      Delete