Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Hi There! baby quilt


My husband asked me to make a baby quilt for one of his workers who was about to 
take maternity leave; again, with my goal to use as much stash fabric as possible in 
new projects, I chose this fun animal/ABC print to use and picked some colourful coordinates. 






With all the end-of-year-at-school-madness affecting my brain I can't remember where I got the pattern from, so will have another hunt and update the post if I find it.

The quilt measures at 36" square and I chose a wiggly black and white stripe for the binding, after using some FMQ ideas from Angela Walters' various books for the quilting:


The backing is another fabric that has been in my 'fabric preservation collection' for a number of years - it has 'Hello' in many different languages and is as colourful as the front.




Hi to my quilting companions via Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday - I love being able to share with others from around the world (and seeing what you've all been creating too!)




No comments:

Post a Comment