Saturday, August 22, 2020

Into the Light - lap quilt

This is a lap quilt that I made for my dear friend Lucy, who wanted something that might be raffled or auctioned for her AlAnon family support group (though now that she has seen it, I think she might find it hard to part with herself LOL!)

Lucy wanted the group emblem to feature on the quilt, and when I saw the Pixelation pattern, by Myra of Busy Hands Quilts, I thought it would make the perfect backdrop as I like the idea of the gradation from dark blues into light blues.

The quilt measures 56" x 66" and I adapted the pieces for the triangle to make HSTs for the edge of the triangle and used solid squares for the rest of the triangle. The centre circle is foundation pieced from scraps of whites. 

I used a simple diagonal quilting pattern across the main blocks of the quilt, with a small stipple in the blue triangle and a variety of FMQ patterns in the various pieces of the white circle.  Within each corner of the triangle I free-motion-quilted key words from the AlAnon prayer: serenity, courage, wisdom.



It is completely made from my stash, including the blue minky backing (so soft!!) and I used the leftovers for another smaller lap quilt (post to come later once I get photos).




Sharing with my quilting friends on Michelle's (From Bolt to Beauty) Beauties Pageant linky party!
Hi everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment