Thursday, August 26, 2021

Starry Surprise

 This was a Donna Ward mystery quilt that I made in 2020 with a jelly roll kit that was purchased from Donna (she gives a range of colour options for her mystery projects)...I have had it lying on the spare bed and realised the other day that I haven't shared it yet (though I had taken photos of it)!




The twin-size quilt measures 60" x 64" and the backing is a cute woodland creatures print that was in my stash and had the perfect colours.



I used a simple wavy stitch on my sewing machine to quilt across the horizontal lines of the main body of the quilt; and thin side to side lines in the outer sashing/border.

It was nice to be using a dark solid for the background as something different for a change; the binding is an aqua tone-on-tone.



Sharing with Michelle's linky party - have a good week everyone!

Update: January 2022; gifted to great-nephew Alex Coyle.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jenny, your quilting as always is perfect. I also made this quilt with Donna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce - which colour-way did you choose? I haven't joined the scrappy mystery quilt for this month, as have been working through some scraps and leftovers already during this lockdown, so don't want to add to the pile of to-do's.

      Delete
  2. Another great finish. The dark blue background is stunning with your colours. I started a dinosaur quilt this week with a dark blue background, it is fun to use something other than white !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice to do something a bit different in the colour choices.

      Delete