Sunday, December 5, 2021

Megabytes for Meg

A young lady who we have known since she was born, Miss Meg Kenny (nicknamed 'Megabyte' by my hubby when she was a baby) turned 21 in August this year - the lockdown NZ was in at the time meant she couldn't have the 21st celebration that she had planned, and then it has taken me and her mum this long to coordinate ourselves to get my gift delivered to her (all three of us live in different towns).


I used a jelly roll that I had purchased from Donna's Quilt Studio here in NZ and I used Michelle Cain's 'Ridiculously Easy Jelly Roll Quilt' pattern from her Bolt to Beauty website.

And yes, it was a super-easy quilt to put together (I actually made this in February and finished it April, before realising Meg's birthday wasn't until August, so I was well ahead of myself for once!)



For quilting (it measures 57" x 68") I did straight line echos of the coloured strip blocks, and free-motioned simple up and down loops across the white background strips.



The backing is a blue print that has been in my stash for a while too, so it is good to be using some of that up!

Meg Kenny, we wish you all the very best for your next 21 years!  xx Jenny, Brian and Kieran



And, how coincidental, I am linking up with Michelle's Beauties Pageant linky party, with one of her own designs (wonder if she'll notice LOL!?!)

Also linking up with Wendy's Peacock Party - so great to finally be able to share this one!



1 comment:

  1. So pretty, love the colors and you did such a beautiful job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete