Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sweet Treat


Oh, these birds are one of my absolute favourite prints in my stash - I've used it before for a tote bag or two  - and it was exactly what I needed to go with the vibrant green of the pinwheels in this bassinet quilt.


I did a simple criss-cross line (inside an echo square) for the bird blocks, and did curvy echoes on the seams of the pinwheels for a petal effect.


The pinwheels were off-cuts from a Meadow Mist Designs mystery quilt-along that I am taking part in; with my new 'rule' being that I have to immediately use leftovers/off-cuts for baby quilts, this was fun to create.


Like my other donation baby quilts, I have used fabrics from my stash, 
including the yummy purple polka dot binding and the all-over tiny daisy print on the backing.


I finished these two in September.



No comments:

Post a Comment