Sunday, October 27, 2019

Spin in Spring


Another baby bassinet quilt made recently from leftovers and stash, this one measures 19" x 23".


This one is made with some pinwheel blocks made with HSTs that were cut-offs from a Meadow Mist Designs mystery quilt-along that I am taking part in.


I free-motion quilted a flower pattern in the floral print blocks, 
which is also echoed within the pinwheels.


The backing is a lavender tone-on-tone print from my stash, 
and I added a cool black and white zigzag binding.



I intend to pile up baby bassinet quilts instead of scraps, and will donate them to the 
Southland Hospital Neo-Natal Unit (where my son was a prem-baby patient 18 years ago).

I am also trying to use up left-over batting, along with fabric from my stash, 
without purchasing anything new for these baby quilts.


I finished these two in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment