Sunday, May 31, 2020

Purple Passion


A couple of finishes from during the Covid-19 Level 4 lockdown that began here in NZ 
on the 26th March...

Mum wanted a pillow to sit on her bed (replacing one I'd made for her about 15 years ago, and to match the new quilt I gave her for xmas).


I wanted to use some leftovers from her quilt and decided to try out a quilt-as-you-go technique. I added some teal from my stash to brighten it up and give the pillow a point of difference from the quilt. I used Cori's tutorial to help me.


Also using leftovers from the Gypsy quilt, I had earlier in the year made a couple of bassinet quilt tops that needed finished and lockdown was a good chance to do it!


#1: 'The Days Go By' 
(these quilt names are inspired by Stevie Nicks' lyrics: 
'Edge of Seventeen', which I love listening to)






#2: 'Sings a Song' 






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Doesn't feel great to use up leftover scraps from a project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I am trying to use them straight away rather than add them to the bags and bags of scraps from the previous fifteen years of quilting LOL! Sigh, I'll never be stuck for supplies to sew with...

      Delete