Saturday, June 6, 2020

My Mystery Mosaic

This was one version of the MeadowMist Designs Mystery Quiltalong for 2019-20 
(I had pulled two lots of fabric from my stash and couldn't decide between them, so made two!)

The quilt finished at 58" x 69" and is such a lovely, vibrant colour scheme.



The quilting was kept fairly simple, with some echo quilting and a geometric point-to-point design in the larger black shapes.  The backing was also from my stash.



I had the top finished back in February but did not get the chance to quilt it until during the 
Covid lockdown and had no idea what I would do with it when finished.

The day I finished binding it, I heard news of one of my awesome pupils from last year, Jesse, has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and undergoing chemotherapy treatments. When I saw the quilt drying on the floor of my lounge the next morning, he was the first person I thought of and I knew I wanted to gift it to him, so I appliqued his name to the bottom edge.



Update: 27th June 2020: Jesse had the wonderful news this week that his chemo treatments 
have been successful and he has been given the all clear! Well done Jesse!!

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning quilt, great mix of colors! It's a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe! Daring, beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete