Sunday, June 28, 2020

Lucia's Rag Doll


I wanted to make a little something for my cousin's little girl for her 2nd birthday...
a hunt through my pattern collection turned up this adorable (and super easy) rag doll.

A second hunt, this time through my stash of fabrics, 
and I knew the doll would have 'red' hair (in honour of her Nana Jan, I might add!)

The hair is made of knotted fabric...and has earned her the name of Dana (after my sister-in-law, 
as her hair is similar, according to little Lucia and her Uncle Reece, who named her).


The eyes are appliqued, with hand-stitched edging and lashes.
The mouth is also hand-stitched.


The doll is about 21" (53cm) tall.
The pattern, called  'Pip', was from Australian Patchwork and 
Stitching magazine, Vol 11 No 1 2010.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! One of a kind, sure to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect for a dolly cuddle for a two year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made this doll so adorable. I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete