Saturday, June 6, 2020

Level Four Lockdown quilt


This was my main Covid-lockdown project in the couple of weeks holiday between 
'online school' terms. I had been planning to make it for a while - during January/February 
I had spent time sewing the triangle scraps (leftover from making various other blocks 
and binding in the past three years) onto the corners of 2.5" white squares. 
There are two different whites here - a plain sold and a tone-on-tone print.
I think it works out at about 390 squares in total?


I then spent a day or two creating the rows, following the instructions in Sunday Morning Quilts 
by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison (the Up, Up and Away pattern).


For the quilting I did the same as the quilt in the book, with straight lines running vertical and horizontal through the on-point squares.


I love the variety of colours and prints - they remind me of previous quilt projects that I've made.
The backing is yardage from my stash.



The quilt measures 43" x 54" and I used the black and white dotty binding that I really love.
It has definitely been popular in the lounge as the nights get cooler!






4 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous quilt. I've made a few quilts from Sunday Morning Quilts, not this one YET .... it's on my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this quilt. Great use of all those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt, a great use of scraps, and a beautiful kind of memory quilt! Bindings with dots or strips are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete