Saturday, November 25, 2023

Little Owl of Wanaka

 Another catch-up...this cute quilt was created in July as a baby gift for my cousin's newest grandson, Harrison, born in August, who lives with his parents in Wanaka.


It was very easy to put together - I only had one 'oops' (placed a row upside down) that took a bit of unpicking to fix up, but totally worth it!

I did straight-line quilting with my sit-down Elna 720 domestic machine.


The backing is a woodlands-themed flannel from my stash and the binding is a teal stripe.



It was made from a kitset, purchased in 2021 from Rainbow Stash, and it uses the Little Owl quilt pattern by Annie Brady (www.bound.shop) 

It measures 38"x44" and the bush-clad private road that leads to our new home location was the ideal spot for the photos on a gorgeous early Spring morning!




Linking up to share with Wendy's Peacock Party - kia ora!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this adorable quilt. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! My crafting output has been a bit limited in the past five months since shifting house and adjusting to some changes in my routines (due to travel time for work), so it is satisfying to have some things completed!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely quilt! The striped binding was the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - I love striped bindings and try to use them whenever I can! It can be difficult to find pinstripe fabrics though.

      Delete