Monday, January 1, 2024

Cherish EPP quilt progress blocks 1-10

  

While I am on a run with updating my 'scrapbook', I will share the blocks I've created so far in another long-term project: an EPP quilt, 'Cherish', using a pattern, papers and acrylic templates kit that I purchased in late 2020 from Jodi Godfrey of Tales of Cloth in Australia, and started in 2021.

Here are ten of the twenty full-hexagon blocks I've made so far, with some close-ups of the cute drawings in the fabrics:

 

 

I looked for a set of fabrics to inspire me and love the blue and white scheme of  'Teatime' by Lewis and Irene for Moda fabrics - it has cute little drawings of woodland creatures, teapots, cups and cakes, based on the inspiration of blue and white china, so is perfect for fussy-cutting for an EPP quilt.

 

I bought a half-yard bundle from Moda, and supplemented the bundle with other blues and whites from my stash, and introduced some greens and yellows to add interest. It reminds me of a sunny Southland day and being outside for a picnic.

 

I am making the 8" block version, for which there are 20 full hexagons, and I only have the six border half-hexagons to create (one is done so far). The slow-stitching of handwork, and the portability of the pieces, was ideal for me to keep my hands busy while sitting or visiting with my ill mother in the hospital or rest-home during the months before she passed away in 2021.

 


 


 

 

 



 

 

 

I haven't been trying to do symmetrical/reflection style fussy-cutting and sewing, but have simply been looking to repeat motifs. Will share the rest of the blocks in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment