Monday, January 1, 2024

In The Garden FPP quilt progress 2023

 Thought I would share the blocks I've created during the past two years (yes, a long-term project) as progress for my foundation-pieced quilt In The Garden (started in January 2022), having joined a BOM quilt-along with Kristy Lea of @quietplay).

We were sent two block patterns a month (plus the occasional free bonus block pattern) - starting with the lilies, which I really enjoyed making (they finish at 8").


For the feature blocks I then worked my way first through the patterns that looked easiest and I left the fiddlier, more tricky patterns until last.

I am doing the 15" block version (the other option was 12" blocks). I have not done a lot of foundation paper piecing, and have got a lovely zebra pattern waiting to be created, so used this QAL as a chance to have a good practice of the technique.

The blocks are all now waiting to be joined together and quilted (which I will do once my longarm has been serviced). I've got a baby-blue gingham backing to use (it makes me think of a picnic blanket or outdoor cafe tablecloths).

All of the coloured fabrics are from my stash; the white solid was purchased as I needed to make sure I had enough yardage of the same colour batch to make the quilt.

The blocks created in 2023:






I love this ladybird!

These were the blocks I made in 2022:









Once I get it all quilted and finished, I will add another post - fingers crossed that will happen in 2024!


2 comments:

  1. Those blocks are stunning!! I love how crisp and modern they are. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. It's been good to try a different technique.

      Delete