Sunday, April 14, 2019

Mix and Match


I created Mix and Match out of the leftovers from my Starlings of Summer quilt, 
made with a set of Art Gallery 'Imprint' fat quarters that had been in my stash for a few years.


When making Starlings, there are a lot of cut-off triangles, so I decided that I would randomly piece them together to make some improv blocks (rather than stuff them into the scrap boxes for 'later').

It was so satisfying to have a second quilt made so quickly; it measures 29" square.
At the moment I have it hanging on my sewing room wall; not sure what I will do with it.

For the quilting I used some random zig-zag lines, inspired by walking foot designs 
in Jacquie Gering's 'Walk' book.





The backing is a grey/white flannel.



'Kia ora' to all my visitors via Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday linky party
Have a lovely Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment