Sunday, October 27, 2019

Pretty in Purple


My new 'rule' for sewing is that I need to immediately use up leftovers/off-cuts from large projects by making a baby quilt straight after the big quilt is finished (in an effort to make something useful rather than simply adding to the pile of scraps in the corner of my sewing room!)


This one is called Pretty in Purple and is using pinwheels made from cut-offs from the Judi Madsen Gypsy Mama quilt-along (that quilt-top is waiting to be quilted).


It is 19" x 26" and has a flannel backing which I folded over to make a self-binding.
I free-motion quilted with an all over flower stipple.



I intend to pile up baby bassinet quilts instead of scraps, and will donate them to the 
Southland Hospital Neo-Natal Unit (where my son was a prem-baby patient 18 years ago).

I am also trying to use up the previously-mentioned scraps (including batting) , along with fabric from my stash, without purchasing anything new for the baby quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment