Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Block of the Month quilt

Have signed up for the craftsy.com block of the month series presented by Amy Gibson. Over ten months it will cover ten techniques and create two blocks a month using each technique.

MARCH: have just finished the two foundation-based blocks for the challenge this month: the String Block (at the top) and the Broken Spiderweb - couldn't believe how easy these strip blocks were to make!


FEBRUARY: this month the blocks were Chunky Chevron (left) and Balkan Puzzle - made from squares sewn together then cut on the diagonal. Easy.


JANUARY: the technique for this month is slashed blocks - have made the Asterix block and the Wonky Pound block.  This month was good practice as slashing is the technique I will use when I make my Hot Cross Buns quilt from the Moda Bakeshop pattern (once I find the polka dot fabric I need!)

FABRICS: I had a bag of ten 20" pieces of pink-based fabrics that I bought in 2010 from Kits n Things in Invercargill so decided I would use that for this quilt.  I like the range of candy pink/dusky pink/plummy pinks and think it will make a gorgeous sampler quilt.  Went back to KnT to buy another four 20" pieces of pink-based fabrics (and found another 20"piece of the multi-floral in the sale bin) and bought a white tone-on-tone print fabric for the contrast and sashings.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/16/2012

    would love to make a site like this. How would one do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just go to blogger.com and sign up eg with a google account (very simple) then follow the three? easy steps. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete