Saturday, January 21, 2012

Country Favourites quilt

This week I have put together this kit-set 'Country Favourites' that I bought in 2009 online from the In Stitches store in NSW Australia and is a pattern by Karyn Herbert.


Was a panel of the pictures that needed cut into separate blocks, with 15 being used for the quilt-top. Then I had to create 15 of the star blocks, using machine-piecing, and lastly put it all together.


Very simple and I am very pleased with it - is a large lap quilt/throw - about 46" x 52".


I am currently using the leftover blocks and fabrics to piece a section of the backing and will add some yardage to complete that.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt top. Love the colours and the combination of pieced and printed blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt, the colours are so striking - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete