Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happy Weekender quilt

Will be a gift for someone (but again, I can't say who just now)...

Was a Moda Bakeshop pattern by Kim Niedzwiecki called Happy Weekender because it can be done in a weekend (depending how long you take deciding where to 'randomly' place the centre blocks!)

I used three charm packs of Moda Full Circle by Kathy Schmitz that I bought on special from ThumperCat Quilt Shop in Arrowtown, and the plain cream is from Kits'n'Things in Invercargill. I decided to create a symmetrical rather than random pattern with the squares.
Was my project while Kieran and Bri were away fishing in TeAnau...bliss for all involved - certainly a happy weekend! (though the score I think was quilts: 1,  fish: 0.)

Now just need to get a backing (am thinking of getting a flannel) and get it quilted.
Is about 68" by 58" in size

Close up of the centre fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment