Sunday, April 28, 2013

One for me!



 Another bag from this 'On the Move' Moda Bakeshop pattern, also made with the same Sandy Gervais 'Frolic' fabrics as the previous bag...in my 'enjoying-a-weekend-of-peace-and-quiet' delirium (and probably because I was watching a movie at the same time so not concentrating properly) I made a 'variation' of the pattern (ten points if you can spot where I went wrong) but I had planned to keep this one for myself anyway to use to carry my teaching gear to school each day as I love the colours.

Side B

An up-close of the free-motion quilting, using a variegated thread,
and a different pattern on each fabric...
...more FMQ...
simple straight line edging on the small panels.


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/28/2013

    What a lovely bag! The quilting is beautiful. Yay for making things for ourselves sometimes too. I have a quilted laptop cover and I just love to take it out in work meetings and feel some soft pretty fabric amongst a roomful of grey men. I hope you enjoy yours on your trip to school. (and thanks for the kind comment on my blog!). JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks in return for your visit and comment! I hope to make it to France one day - it is in the top five of my bucket list!! Have a good week!

      Delete
  2. Great bag, and amazing detail to do different freemotion pattern on different fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne, I am still building up my experience! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Good for you, Jen, great bag and lovely quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have three more to practice on!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty bag! Bags are my second favorite thing to make, right behind quilts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like the speed with which a bag can be made and ready to use or give away! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete