Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A prize! And a present!

Very excited in June:

first I find out I had won a major prize from the Quilting Gallery blog - a quilt kit from the Fat Quarter Shop for their 'Deckade the Halls' Christmas quilt-along...the parcel arrived from the States last Saturday ...

 - 15 yards of fabric, front and back of quilt - the Aspen Frost collection by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics - can't wait to get started on making it...

...AND on the same day I had already been to the Art of Craft shop in Gore and bought these with the gift voucher Mum gave me for my birthday...
...a couple of batik fat quarters, a set of four red and grey toned fat quarters, and a Riley Blake layer cake. Thanks Mum!!

Now, I just need to sort out a machine that can free-motion quilt...my 20 year old Elnita dressmaking machine just isn't coping (I only have a generic embroidery foot which my machine sometimes likes using and then other times doesn't!...sigh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment