Saturday, August 8, 2015

Pillows and some WIPs

A couple of things finished that have been waiting for a 'wee while' (let's say no more!) Am joining up with my favourite linky parties:
I had used some panels for quilting practice or to use up leftovers 
from projects and have finally turned them into pillows/cushions:

11" pillow: Made use of a couple of large scraps to practice a spiral...
12" pillow: Used a few more large scraps to try out some
FMQ designs before doing a larger quilt...
14" pillow: Used up some leftover charm squares 
for some more FMQ practice...
...backings made using Amanda Jean's tutorial...
And my current works in progress...
some leftovers for pillow fronts...
Using blue/purple toned Kate Spain 'Terrain' charm squares
for a Me & My Sister pattern: Easy as 10...
Using bright toned Kate Spain 'Terrain' charm squares 
for a Me & My Sister pattern: Easy as 10...

I really should be working on quilting up the flimsies that are on my Finish Along Q3 goals list, but with the school term underway, I can't really use the machine too much in the evenings (as it is in the corner of the living room and in the evenings 'my boys' are usually watching TV), so I instead look for patterns/fabrics I want to do projects with and do the cutting - which is quiet and then leads to doing the sewing in the ad breaks - much easier than trying to do FMQ, which can wait until the weekends) 


And anyway, all the quilting will have to wait until after I return from my trip to watch the Netball World Cup in Sydney! Go the Silver Ferns! Behind you all the way!!

6 comments:

  1. Love the pillows... especially the one with the spiral quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was easy to spiral on such a small block, can't imagine how people do it well on large quilts!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8/08/2015

    I really like the Me and My Sister pattern and your fabrics look great. I've been thinking of making some pillow covers for the FMQ challenge. Your spiral looks great! Mine are never that even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I bought the pattern book last year and am planning to work my way through it eventually! No doubt I will find some favourite-keep-going-back-to patterns! As for the spiral - was fun to give it a try!

      Delete
  3. I love the two different Kate Spain fabrics, can't wait to see these finished. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy! I loved the bright version of the pattern as shown in the book so first used those squares from the charm pack but also had a few fat eighths of some Terrain so bulked up the squares that were left over with some squares cut from the blue and purple fabrics so I could make two versions of the design. Am also looking forward to seeing them finished!

      Delete