Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pillowcases x3

Double-banded pillowcases (a.k.a. what you do when you realise you have cut your main fabric too short!)  I used my favourite roll-it-up method for hidden French seams to attach the bands and then create the pillowcase by using this APQ pattern that I have used many times before.
Unicorn fabric from Spotlight...

If buying fabric for pillowcases I usually buy a metre of each fabric and then I can make an alternating pair as that gives me enough for the main body of one case and a band on the other.

Crown princess pillow - fabric also picked up at Spotlight...did not muck up the cutting on this one, but did have to spend time working out HOW to cut it as wanted the crowns to be the right way around, which meant opening up the fabric and cutting it differently...
Joining up with my international quilting friends via Amanda Jean's  Finish It Up Friday  linky party!





6 comments:

  1. That unicorn fabric is just adorable!!! Cute pillowcases, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti, they've been sitting here for the better part of a year waiting to be made! Might try to sell them at a market in a couple of weeks...

      Delete
  2. I love how the 'mistake' turned out, it's great how they are opposite each other! Fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, at least now I have a variation pattern up my sleeve!

      Delete
  3. I love the double banded pillowcases. The bands frame that cute unicorn fabric wonderfully. I'm making pillowcases too this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, these ones will hopefully be sold at a market day coming up soon. I'm away today to grab some Frozen fabric as I am sure that would be popular for pillowcases too!

      Delete