Monday, January 9, 2017

2017 FinishAlong First Quarter Goals


2017 FinishAlong info
Joining in with the fun/motivation to get things done...my first quarter goals are:

DONE! The label and binding into this Hot Cross Buns quilt that I started in 2012 - 
I finally got around to getting the quilting done last week!

DONE! This Dr Seuss Lorax quilt  (fabrics by Robert Kaufman) 
- needs backing finished, quilting and binding.

Basic Grey jelly roll quilt - version 1: a throw 
- needs backing, quilting, binding.

Basic Grey jelly roll quilt - version 2: a large cot quilt 
- needs backing, quilting, binding.

Basic Grey jelly roll quilt - version 3: a small cot quilt 
- needs backing, quilting, binding.

This Kate Spain 'Fandango' charm squares cot quilt 
- needs backing, quilting, binding.

This queen size quilt top that I made in about 2007 (?) 
- needs backing, quilting, binding - better late than never!!






9 comments:

  1. Looking good. I love the Basic grey jelly roll quilt, what pattern is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leeanne, I followed Amy Gibson's tutorial - it uses one jelly roll and yardage to make two large baby quilts, with six variations of layout for the HSTs that you make with the jelly roll strips. I decided to make three different sized quilts so that I could try out three different layouts. http://www.stitcherydickorydock.com/to-the-point-a-quick-n-easy-jelly-quilt-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to come back to your blog to see if you had answered my question, you don't have it set up to go to emails. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. I love all these! I made a jelly roll quilt using that same pattern, last finish of 2015, I think?! Yours look great with Basic Grey! Have fun getting those wrapped up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sarah! My sewing is on hold for a couple of days while we repaint the lounge and dining areas (seeing as summer has disappeared on us and my hubby can't get out on his motorbike, the urge to paint has taken over!)

      Delete
  4. Love your Mon Ami quilts, so pretty! I hope you make lots of progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am loving them too - will hopefully be all done in the next few weeks (our summer holidays are almost over so I'd better get back to school and do some preparation at some stage this week - is hard to find my 'go-go' though!)

      Delete
  5. Hi Jen, I can't believe you have managed to complete so much already! Is your scrap bag any emptier or like mine which fills up all by itself over night? I love the marbled fabrics used in the last quilt. Thanks for visiting my blog,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for someone else having 10-year old stuff to complete! Good luck with these!

    ReplyDelete