Sunday, April 8, 2018

Summer Buzz


My first quilt finish of 2018 (but have taken until now to get photos as was waiting to finish its 'buddy' quilt too)...they are lap quilts for our two black leather sofas in the sitting room.

Measures 59" square.


Completed in January, this was my summer project and first on my to-do list for the 2018 Finishalong's first quarter goals and is completely made from my stash!




Is from a pattern called 'Buzzcut' by Me and My Sister Designs which is in their book '12-Pack Quilts' and took me quite a few hours (I watched full seasons of 13 Reasons, The Crown second series, the third series of Reign and the Virgin Queen mini-series on Netflix while cutting, piecing and quilting).  


We had a stinking hot summer here and on many days it was almost too hot to move outside, so it was nice to have an excuse (like I need one anyway!) sit in the sewing room in whatever breeze I could garner between the window and the back door.

Here it is with its buddy quilt #summer:

Here's how they look in the sitting room:




Did you spot Rumbles doing his cushion impression?


Sharing with everyone at Crazy Mom Quilts' Finish It Up Friday - kia ora!

12 comments:

  1. Nice! Beautiful quilts. Love your cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! We love our cat too, when he's not being a schizophrenic ginger!

      Delete
  2. These quilts are fabulous, and they go beautifully in your living space! Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Felicity - I'm very happy with the results.

      Delete
  3. Love your quilting on this, looks great! These colors are so perfect, love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The slower quilting pattern meant I got through plenty of Netflix episodes LOL!

      Delete
  4. This one is beautiful as well! Beautifully quilted too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both, they look great in your room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful, congratulations on the finish! I love how the quilts are so different yet coordinate so well with their similar colours. On behalf of the hosts, thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sandra! And thanks to you all for hosting the FinishALong - good motivation!

      Delete