Friday, July 27, 2018

Here's To 60 Plus lap quilt

Sorry, inside night lighting photos as I didn't get home until dark, and it's pretty much still dark when I go to work...and I needed to gift it today!
I made this large lap quilt for my favourite netball buddy and world's most awesome office manager, Broni Tumataroa, to celebrate her significant birthday earlier this month. She was in Oz for her birthday, and it was school holidays, so today at work we had a surprise morning tea for her.



I used fat quarters from a bundle of Blueberry Front Yard (by Sandra Clemons for Michael Miller Fabrics) that has been in my stash for a few years, and the pattern is 'Pinwheel Plus' by Cheryl Brickey from her book 'Modern Plus Sign Quilts'.



I quilted it with a free-motion double loop design (as used by the sample in the pattern book).


It measures 58" x 56" and is backed with a deep blue minky, and has a binding of a navy/while spot.



I love the little rabbits that pop up in a couple of the fabrics!



This is one of my 2018 Finish Along third quarter goals...DONE!
A big New Zealand hello to any visitors via Sarah's TGIFF linky party - kia ora!


9 comments:

  1. Love that you put minky on the back of the quilt. Makes the perfect gift! Your quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors for a fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They were lovely to work with (and it was about time I took them out of the stash!)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous quilt Jen. Those colours really pop. One of the best perks of quilting is gifting them to all the special ones in our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's definitely my biggest motivator to get a project done!

      Delete
  4. Great fabric choices for this, love the pattern and quilting. What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, like most projects it was so lovely to work with the colour combo (don't we always love our most recent projects the most?!)

      Delete
  5. Neat gift! I like this fun color combo too. It really does catch an eye ;)

    ReplyDelete