Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Two crafty completions

First, a wool wall-hanging that has been swirling around in my head for a year (since we moved into this house and repainted the bedrooms...


I wanted something with texture to go in the space on that wall and spent a bit of time collecting up balls of wool in different colours of grey/black/teal/white/cream.


Finally got it made the other night - I used a length of driftwood that I collected from Lake Te Anau at New Year.


Second, a 14" cushion that is made from a Disney fat quarter - I used it in January to practice a free-motion quilting motif before completing a larger quilt.


Have finally put a backing on it (just a length of deep blue marbled fabric). My sewing supervisor is not looking too happy about the mouse motifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment