Saturday, July 13, 2019

Re-Assemble Challenge for NZQS19


Earlier this year I joined in with the Re-Assemble Challenge for this year's NZ Quilt Symposium.

Each entrant was sent a photo of one portion of an art work and our challenge was to represent our portion in any 'quilty' way we wished as long as we matched the (roughly) A4 size and our edge lines matched. 

Here is the original photo I received:


And here are the two side-by-side; I am really pleased with how it turned out:


Each portion will then be joined together to recreate the original artwork in quilt form.

I chose to do an applique/thread painting method, with some painted areas in the green background.


I actually used bubble wrap to apply the green paint (which was a mix of light/med/dark greens, on a forest green marble fabric), quilted with an all over mini stipple.



The thread painting gives some texture and tone to the greys of the roof and poles.


I am really looking forward to seeing what the whole picture looks like! 
(I will add the finished result once I have been to Auckland in October).

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am a new follower here. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete