Friday, October 11, 2019

Allsorts of Blessings


I thoroughly enjoyed creating this small quilt earlier in the year for a friend's second baby, 
Piper Jo, who was born at the end of June (have finally got the chance to gift it to her today!)

It snowed quite a bit on the 4th-5th August...
I used leftovers from the Allsorts quilt as the blocks and used free-motion quilting to 
personalise the black sashing with Piper's name and some words of blessing:









The quilt is 44" square and has a cute llama flannel as the backing.



I kept the quilting very simple, with stitch in the ditch and some echo lines, 
criss-crosses and loops:



I think she likes it!



And big brother Alby joined in too!

Linking up with Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday and also with 
Wendy's Peacock Party - kia ora everyone!


9 comments:

  1. This is such a fun color scheme for a girly quilt! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love it so much (and still have a heap of leftover strips to use up, so keep an eye on this blog!)

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely bright colourful quilt for a sweet little baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and cute photos. Love the idea of quilting special blessing words into the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth - don't we all wish those things for all children? Was a pleasure to put them on (and a good chance to try some more free motion writing!) Thanks for 'visiting'!

      Delete
  4. I love this quilt, and I know that my husband would too. He loves licorice alsorts, but I prefer pineapple lumps. Were you an angel in the Wendy Whellum class I was in at Symposium? I feel sure that I met you. I hope you enjoyed your time in Auckland. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! No, I wasn't an angel (I was a student in classes myself) but I did line up behind you somewhere during the symposium and introduced myself as a follower, so yes, we did meet. I am loving your Wendy Whellum blocks...very cool fabrics. Making the allsorts quilts was hard work (at least three bags of allsorts were eaten for research purposes LOL!)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10/15/2019

    Bright and cheerful! Piper Jo looks quite happy with it.

    ReplyDelete