Saturday, August 1, 2020

Can’t Lock a John Deere Down!


Can you guess that this was a Covid lockdown project? I had the fabric ready, waiting for the chance to make it, so lockdown gave me time to do it (silver linings!)




The pattern is ‘Square Illusions’ by Jen Schaffer from issue 30 of Make Modern (digital) magazine and it came together really easily - it helps to have a design wall! I love that the pattern of the shapes takes over and it is hard to see where the blocks are (there are 30 twelve inch blocks). 


The quilt measures 60” x 72” and I kept the quilting simple as there is so much already happening in the pattern itself. The backing is just a black and white print.


The quilt is for my friend’s son, Adam, who is a big John Deere fan, so I liked the three-colour scheme of this pattern to fit the brief. 



No comments:

Post a Comment