Sunday, February 28, 2021

Vanilla Kisses and Wedding Wishes


This is a double-bed quilt I made in December as a wedding gift for my cousin Simon McGowan and his partner Kate Pavitt, who married (on a VERY hot summer day) in Wanaka on the 14th of January 2021.


Kate had requested whites/creams/off-whites, so I had been collecting fabrics since about September, to use in a pattern called 'Out of the Box' that I had found in my stash of patterns. It had been ripped out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine (May 2019).



The quilt measures 64" x 72" - the photos aren't great for colour as the weather had been fairly ho-hum during the start of January and I simply had to take the photos at the last minute, just before we headed away to Wanaka for the wedding.

I quilted with a simple wavy 'check' and the binding was made with leftover strips of the different fabrics. 





The backing is yardage of a tone on tone print in a soft white/cream.



Joining up with Cheryl's Favourite Finish Monthly Link-up so I can share this with my quilting friends around the world!




4 comments:

  1. Vanilla Kisses - what a whimsical adorable name. The wavy quilting is a very stunning complement to the angularity of the pattern. I hope the newly wed couple adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish, I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty wedding quilt. Your personalization and label are really nice too. I absolutely love the wavy check quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I love the neutrals. It is modern and yet antique looking too.

    ReplyDelete