Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Splashdown!

 

This was a recent finish about four weeks ago...I've finally found time to get the photos posted.


The charm-pack pattern is 'Splashdown' by Christina Cameli from Maywood Studio, 
and it was #9 on my APQ UFO Challenge list for 2021.


I used a charm pack of batiks that has been in my stash for a few years, waiting for the right project.  
It is mostly made from half-square triangles - super easy!


The lap quilt measures 40" square and it came together really easily, 
and I did some straight-line quilting with the walking foot to finish it off.





I did a self-binding with the backing, which is a purple/teal batik, again from my stash.


The quilt has been gifted to my dear Aunty Lois, up in Masterton, who has been living with MS for many years and I hope it is a little something that brightens her room a bit.



Linking up with Cheryl's (Meadow Mist Designs) Favourite Finish linky party - and also with Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday linky party - kia ora everyone!


9 comments:

  1. Carrie, Lois's daughter6/02/2021

    Lois so appreciated this incredible work and loves the colours against the dark background. The cross in the middle is very significant for her, as it remains a positive reinforcement of her Christian faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased she likes it, Carrie - and I hadn't realised the cross would be significant for her like that, so it is cool she found that reference in it and it means something important for her. xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Jenny, and your photos are fabulous. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Joyce - it was cool to work with batiks for something different. They are always so colourful.

      Delete
  3. Great finish, those batiks really shine on the black background. Your aunt will love it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen - black definitely helped give a jewelbox effect with the batiks I think.

      Delete
  4. Lovely! Such a great way to showcase the batiks! And a beautiful Autumn photo shoot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - I'd thought I would get the photos at school where we have some huge cherry blossom trees that make awesome autumn leaves and I just managed to get there that morning when the sun was at the right height to give good light without being too strong.

      Delete