Saturday, March 5, 2022

Freya's Flight of Fancy

 

Catching up on a back-log of unshared finishes!

This large lap quilt was finished in 2021 and I finally got around to gifting it (to our great-niece, Freya) in January of this year (I could say I'm six months early for her 2nd birthday...)

The design was loosely based on this 1 + 2 quilt pattern by Anorina that I have used before - it is a good one for highlighting feature prints.


It was made with a cute set of fat quarters of prints from Spotlight that I had been holding in my stash for a while, supplemented with pinks and blues (solids, polka dots, roses) from my stash.

I just adore all the unicorns, teddy bears, hot air balloons and rainbows!

(The photos aren't great as I had to take many of them inside due to the weather/outside light being so uncooperative whenever I was actually home long enough to want to do a photo-shoot).







You can see the loopy quilting I did in the frames of the squares; within the squares I free motioned a loose diamond with curvy links between points/corners.



I used the leftovers, plus another cloud print, for the backing, and a black/white polka dot for the binding.

Am pleased to say Freya was super excited to open the parcel when it arrived...the video was super cute!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet finish, and thanks for sharing the link to the pattern idea.

    ReplyDelete