Sunday, October 30, 2011

Amelia's Charms Quilt

Have started this single-bed quilt, using two Amelia (Me and My Sisters for Moda) charm packs and my own design. Have used a black on white polka-dot fabric for the sashing (thanks to quilt-blogger Wendy for her Moda Bakeshop Hot Cross Buns quilt 'recipe' for the inspiration). 

the square-patches: four by four blocks with sashing between - squares taken from two charm packs

This week I'll buy some yardage of the Amelia fabrics at my favourite quilt shop in Invercargill, to use for some wide strips at the top and bottom to lengthen it. I have earned my loyalty discount  so will be able to get them for 15% off.

I have also bought a layer cake of the Amelia fabrics so I can do the actual Hot Cross Buns quilt for myself as I absolutely adore the colours.  This charms quilt I think I will give to a young friend who turns 11 at the end of December.

UPDATE: bought some more fabrics (there is a sale on so got 30% discount!) and here is the finished quilt top (single bed size), ready to be quilted and then bound...



No comments:

Post a Comment