Sunday, April 8, 2012

April blocks for BOM sampler quilt

I had always thought English paper-pieced hexagons would be tricky so was not thrilled to find out that it was one of the techniques for the Craftsy BOM sampler quilt that I am doing this year.

However, the whole reason I joined the BOM was to try new techniques or patterns, so I was pleased to find out that they are really easy to do. It was also nice to be hand-sewing rather than having the machine chugging along.

I made the first block for April - Hexagon Stripe - as guided by the project website, but decided for the  second block to do a complete block of hexagons so I could really practice the skill.  I am really pleased with it.
Hexagon Stripe - hand-pieced and appliqued.

Random hexagons - handpieced block - will be trimmed to size when quilt is put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment