Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday sewing!

I linked up with the Friday Night Sew-In - spent Friday night cutting fabrics and today sewing them up!

Brian took Kieran on the motorbike to visit Nana Olive in Gore, left Kieran there for the night as Kieran had arranged earlier in the week, then motorbiked over to Winton then home again (after which we drove to Invercargill to see the movie 'Two Little Boys', which was awesome by the way!)

So was just me, my sewing machine and Kimbra, Gin Wigmore, Crystal Bowersox and Bon Jovi in the living room for the afternoon! Gotta love it!

Got this month's Moda Designer Mystery BOM made:
"Breezy Afternoon" designed by Aneela Hoey
And created this bag - I just love this bird fabric - influenced by this bag and these bags that I have made already - a combo of the patterns.

Gift tote bag for my 3rd year trainee teacher, Saskia Van den Beld,
who has been working with  my class this year.


8 comments:

  1. Love your bag and the colours in your block are beautiful. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful bag, and you've picked the perfect fabric, too! Great job for FNSI!
    P.S. I love the bags you've photo'd in your previous posts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great FNSI result! I worked on my block for the BOM too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your block, and your bag, too. So pretty! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty block and I love the bag! The fabrics are great and work so well together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilove the bag! Very pretty. I looked back at your previous blog posts - love all your bags! I had the day off yesterday, and made a lunch bag. It's rewarding to get something done in a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is just darling! What an awesome thing to have so much time just for sewing!

    The bird fabric is just way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! Yes, that bird fabric was a great find - will have to find a project to use it on for myself before I give it all away!

    ReplyDelete