Saturday, March 8, 2014

Two flimsies for fun!

Made from a Moda 'Mixed Bag' charm square pack...am looking to put an aqua border on it after shopping in town tomorrow at my favourite quilting shop in Invercargill (Kits n Things). 

 After spending the summer holidays concentrating on finishing the BOM sampler quilt with its free motion quilting, I was eager to grab some colourful fabrics from my stash and bust out a couple of quick cot quilts.  I don't have recipients planned for them but will put them up for sale in next weekends car boot sale at school.
This was just made from a little set of off cuts of a range of safari animal fabrics from the Thumpacat website. I had the lime and purple solids/marbles in my stash too.  I made up the design to fit with the sizes of the off cuts which were about the size of fat eighths. 

A trip to town to get batting and flannel backing and hopefully it'll be a productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment