Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Holiday Works in Progress!


No school for a couple of weeks means I've been getting my String of Pearls Remixed quilt stitched in the ditch around the black borders. Tomorrow I'll be starting on the filler quilting within the grey background spaces. 

A sneak peek at the colourful stripes on the back!

Pre-basting! 

And prepping the fat quarters for my next project...a Fat Quarter Fizz large lap quilt, using the Fat Quarter Shop's FQ Bundle of the Merry Little Girls Stonehenge set by Deborah Edwards and Linda Ludovico for Northcott Fabrics. 

No to mention having read three books, tried three new recipes (one was a disaster as a slice but made a darn good dessert!), enjoying having no alarm clock (except for the sunrise as we have no curtains at the moment after putting in the new windows) and feeding the new calf D.D. (a.k.a Dinner Date 2016)...


6 comments:

  1. Chain of Pearls Remix is looking great!

    DD - almost snorted coffee on my computer! Will be smiling all day about that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee! Yes, I have a very dry sense of humour. Apologies to the vegetarian visitors. Such is life on a very small lifestyle block where we like to know our meat is organic and that it had a gentle, carefree life while with us! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Who needs an alarm clock, when the local tui starts up at 4:30am, and thats daylight savings time! Love your quilt. Enjoy the school holidays and extra quilting time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is an early bird! I wish our local tui would hang out at our place more often, I love their song! We usually have the local bellbird drop by later in the morning (to the kowhai tree out the back) and they both love the cherry blossom trees at school which is where I am most likely to hear them in the afternoons once the children leave. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Looking good! I like the peak of cheerful back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Vera! Yesterday I started on the background filler and my son is very tired of hearing me say "Ohmigosh, I love it! Ohmigosh it looks awesome!" Today the spring weather has turned back to nasty wintery weather so what better excuse to stay in and finish it all off!

    ReplyDelete