Friday, March 24, 2017

Au Point, Mon Ami!

  

This lap quilt or large cot quilt is one of a set of three cot or lap quilts I made from one jelly roll of 'Mon Ami' by Basic Grey for Moda, using a pattern called To the Point by Amy Gibson.


The quilts are all made with half square triangles that are cut from joined strips of the jelly roll and I quilted this one with randomly spaced wavy lines.








And the girls came over for a look-see...


May 2017: I have donated this to the Lindsay family to auction at their fundraising quiz, raising money for their church mission to India later this year - what a great adventure they will have, full of purpose, and such a fascinating part of the world to visit. I wish them good luck for their trip!

13 comments:

  1. Mmmm I have this fabric, I have these patterns............you have me thinking I should make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! You won't regret it! They look really lovely - I can't pick a favourite.

      Delete
  2. I love the little pieces in your quilt and how nice they look as a host! It's beautiful! Amazing what one jelly roll can make with some background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, I am also often amazed by what can come from one jelly roll too!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the beautiful finish. Great name, too. I like to take my queue from the fabrics when naming my quilts, as well! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a good motivation to get things done.

      Delete
  4. Wow that is a lot of finishes you have done. Love that Kiwi's post to Crazy mum quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tonnes! Is good to get some things ticked off (and quilting is my distraction from a busy week teaching, bliss).

      Delete
  5. Wonderful quilts, they all look so fresh & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three quilts from one jelly roll, that's amazing. I love how the strips are turned in each direction within the quilt. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilts - amazing how far you were able to stretch the jelly roll! I've fairly recently made this pattern too and loved it (although mine's not yet quilted!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raewyn, all three turned out so well - was nice to try a new set of patterns.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness ~ I just did a series of 3 quilts with the same fabrics, too!! How crazy and 'it's a small world-ish' is that?
    I like how you sewed strips together, then made the hst - it really makes the quilt sparkle, and your wavy line quilting is great! Love the picture with the cows :-)

    happy quilting ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete