Tuesday, January 9, 2018

#2018finishalong - Quarter One Goals

FinishAlong info

I know life will be busy-crazy again once school starts on the 31st Jan, so am only going to put my most current projects as I hope to get at least two of them done before then while my days are still running on 'flexi-time'...

I am making a new set of decor items for our lounge - using this seafom and grey colour scheme:

1. Quilt and bind this Buzzcut lapquilt for one sofa  - DONE

2. Piece, quilt and bind a Hashtag lap quilt for the other sofa - DONE!

3. Make my own version of this quilt, currently pinned on my Pinterest board, for a baby quilt gift: DONE!
Image source

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful color scheme! Good luck with your first quarter goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors! I think they would look good on my couch too!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an accomplishable list, I love this color scheme, the lounge will look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, like I say I'm keeping my list fairly short and sweet. Will be nice to add a bit more accent colour to our colour scheme (white walls, black sofas, woodgrain shelves/sidetables, grey carpet/curtains). We have a pale seafoam-coloured linen armchair which is why I'm bringing in that green.

      Delete
  4. Lovely fabric combos! Will you quilt the 'buzzcut' quilt yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, yes I have got the quilting underway at the moment...I only have one corner left to do and hoped to get it done today but the temps reached about 34 degrees C here in Edendale and although I was sitting in a cross-breeze from the sewing room windows to the back door I eventually just had to give up as the temp kept rising (was too hot having the quilt layers resting on my legs). It might be a job that has to wait until our little heat-wave is over...

      Delete
  5. The color combination is beautiful. Wishing you the best of luck with your projects. Hope you have time and motivation to finish them. Enjoy!
    www.mell-meyer.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie, I want to get the living room 'finished' so that will be plenty of motivation to get this list done!

      Delete
  6. I like your goals, do-able despite the return to school, your quilt patterns and your fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty color combo - love that buzz saw top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am enjoying the restfulness of the colours. Thanks for 'visiting'!

      Delete