Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Charmed Pillow


A 14" pillow/cushion made from a mini charm pack of Bonnie and Camille 'Vintage Modern' fabric, and the first completion from my goals for the first quarter of the 2018 Finish Along challenge.


The charm pack was a complementary freebie when I ordered the backing kit for the 2012 Moda Designer Mystery BOM Sampler quilt that I had made. I patched the squares a couple of years ago and last week I used it to practice the quilting design for my current laptop project. Then I made a backing of some leftovers from the BOM kit.


On the front I was using a circles design (is it sometimes called an 'orange peel?) and for the back I just used straight lines.  It has a 12" zip at the bottom.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely finish and a great way to use the mini charms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I spotted another couple of mini charm packs in one of my stash boxes yesterday actually (but really must finish my WIP before I start a new project!)

      Delete
  2. Vintage Modern is one of my favorite fabric collections, it looks great in your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too...I've still got a few scraps to use up.

      Delete
  3. This pillow is very pretty, the fabrics look great and I love your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to do a pillow to practice a quilting pattern, less pressure if it goes wrong LOL!

      Delete