Sunday, May 6, 2018

Warm Welcome Baby Quilt


Created this baby quilt as part of a series of three I have made this year, using the same fabrics but with different patterns.  For this one I used an acrylic template: a Sue Daley 10" wedge to cut the pieces.
Our school grounds have ornamental cherry trees that have beautiful autumn leaves right now.
I love the colour combos of the greys, deep navy, mints and white, as also used in the earlier
Hugs and Kisses baby quilt.  This quilt here ended up at 31"x 38".

The buzzy bees are my fave! I just used straight line quilting to pull it all together.


The backing is a fox flannel - the quilt is a gift for my cousin and his fiance, whose first baby is due in June; my cousin loves hunting (not that we have foxes here in NZ) so I put this backing on for him.



Handmade with Heart, here in Edendale, Southland.

The lovely mother-to-be, Kate Pavitt, was thrilled with the quilt.
(Photo thanks to Amanda Inder)
Kia ora to all my quilting and crafting friends visiting via Crazy Mom Quilts' Finish It Up Friday 
Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday, or Meadow Mist Designs Share Your Finish Friday!

June: Here is the gorgeous new arrival, Lucia Loren McGowan:



10 comments:

  1. Love the picture with the leaves! And the quilt is cute too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cool huh? Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Its a lovely fresh colour combination. I like it. Lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color combo too and the wedge shape is great. It just reminded me I have a wedge somewhere that I need to get out and try. great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I've had my wedge about two years...certainly was time to give it a go.

      Delete
  4. Great idea to use the wedge template, makes a great pattern. Still loving this color combo you used again, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was so easy - hardest part was working out the layout of the colours etc.

      Delete
  5. Such pretty colors in this quilt! I love that you are using different designs but the same fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours - what a beautiful finish. On behalf of the global hosts, thank you for linking up to the FAL.

    ReplyDelete