Sunday, September 23, 2018

Bloggers Quilt Festival: 60 Plus

Kia ora from the deep south of New Zealand - not quite the bottom of the world but getting pretty close!

My second entry for the Fall Edition of the 2018 Blogger's Quilt Festival is this gift I made for my workmate on her recent significant birthday:

Sorry, inside night lighting photos as I didn't get home until dark, and it's pretty much still dark when I go to work...and I needed to gift it today!
I made this large lap quilt for my favourite netball buddy and world's most awesome office manager, Broni Tumataroa, to celebrate her significant birthday earlier this month. She was in Oz for her birthday, and it was school holidays, so today at work we had a surprise morning tea for her.



I used fat quarters from a bundle of Blueberry Front Yard (by Sandra Clemons for Michael Miller Fabrics) that has been in my stash for a few years, and the pattern is 'Pinwheel Plus' by Cheryl Brickey from her book 'Modern Plus Sign Quilts'.



I quilted it with a free-motion double loop design (as used by the sample in the pattern book).


It measures 58" x 56" and is backed with a deep blue minky, and has a binding of a navy/while spot.



I love the little rabbits that pop up in a couple of the fabrics!






16 comments:

  1. Jen, your quilt is beautiful. I love the neat points and the quilting too. Morning tea with a side of quilty fun, with an occasional bunny rabbit thrown in sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love making quilts as gifts, so satisfying.

      Delete
  2. Uhhh... really like your colours and quilting. It’s a great quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated! Was a little set of fabrics I had been keen to use for a while (like most fabrics in the stash LOL!)

      Delete
  3. This quilt caught my eye in that pile of quilts over at the Quilt Festival so it's a standout. Mostly though, I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks! Thank you - I feel the same!

      Delete
  4. What a neat combination. I like the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Sally; I appreciate the 'visit' - have a good week.

      Delete
  5. This is awesome, I love it! The bunny fabric is so cute and the minky looks so soft and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love a minky backing, especially on the chilly days.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute pattern, and your fabric choices are super! I have had some fun with that same collection...and it is just great with that blue for the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I really loved using this collection - super pretty! Thanks for 'visiting'!

      Delete
  7. That looks beautiful and cuddly. A great combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Jasmine - I know my workmate really loves it.

      Delete
  8. A lovely quilt. And a very special prezzie, it will be much enjoyed I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assured it is definitely getting used and enjoyed! Thanks for checking it out. Have a good week!

      Delete