Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Lace and Paper Flowers (Gypsy)



I made this a couple of years ago from a Kate Spain 'Fandango' charm pack 
but have only got around to quilting it this year. 
It is a lap quilt measuring 44" x 46" - I love the colours.




I can't remember the name of the pattern I used, or where I got it from, sorry! 
(If anyone recognises it, please let me know!)


I machine quilted with free-motioned large and small loops in the sashings 
and freehand straight lines (so some are maybe not quite so straight!)


I have named it 'Lace and Paper Flowers (Gypsy)' because I love listening to Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks, and the designs on this reminded me of the lyrics in their 'Gypsy' song. 


The binding is a light aqua tone-on-tone print and the backing is a very pale mustard print 
- all from my stash! #stashbuster2018


This is one of my goals for the third quarter of the 2018 Finish Along.

In 2019 I gifted it to my sister-in-law Brenda on the occasion of her 60th birthday.

Sharing the success: joining in with...

10 comments:

  1. What a simple yet cute design! Nice to finish up older projects isn't it!?
    I love those Fabrics! I have a throw quilt myself made from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the colours are really pretty and the designs are lovely. I'm not sure if I will keep it or find an owner for it, but will enjoy looking at it in the meantime.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt. I love all the different styles of quilting you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, the loops are so easy.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty quilt! I also love the backing of the quilt with all the quilt lines create a beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am often a bit hesitant to get quilting as doubt myself about what pattern to use, but they always turn out okay.

      Delete
  4. The colors are so soothing. I love the quilting! On behalf of the FAL crew, thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella - it's great to have a reason to get things finished, and great to have an outlet for sharing with others.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Lovely isn't it? I'll enjoy looking at it until I find a home for it!

      Delete