Sunday, October 27, 2019

Walk in the Woods


Another in my set of baby quilts to donate to the NNU 
(today was the first time in weeks that the weather and timing has been right to 
get some photos done; I had eight baby quilts to photograph this morning).


The HSTs are made from offcuts from my previous Woodland quilt  
(when you make 'snowball' blocks, the corners get cut off and I don't like to throw them away) -
with my rule of using leftovers/cut-offs from larger projects ASAP, this is what I did with these.


It measures 19" x 23" and I used a fox print flannel for the backing, 
with a black and white zigzag for the binding.



I just love that there are little peeks of the critters in the animal prints:


As per usual, I can't be outside without Rumbles coming to inspect what I am up to...



Here is what it looked like as I worked out my layout (and what size background pieces I needed):

And once I had quilted it with matchstick lines in the white solid pieces
(this was all done in September):

The two woodland quilts together:



No comments:

Post a Comment