Sunday, October 27, 2019

Woodland Welcome


This is made from leftover blocks from my previous Woodland quilt  -
with my rule of using leftovers/cut-offs from larger projects ASAP, this is what I did with these,
and it will be added to my pile of baby bassinet quilts to donate to Southland Hospital's NNU.


I love the woodland critters! 
This one measures 18" x 23.5" and also has the fox print flannel backing, 
with a stripy black and white binding.



I used a simple straight-line quilting design, using my walking foot.


I made it in September:

Here it is with its buddy quilt:





2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of using up scraps immediately and donating them. My mantra is every time I make something for someone I know I make as well something for someone I don't know. But I am going to add your idea of using left over HST in small people quilts quickly to my mantra I think.

    I think those quilts are lovely. Super designs and very lively for NNU babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like your mantra of something for someone you don't know - that is a cool way to think about it!

      Delete