Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Allsorts of Sweet

 

This is a 43.5" sq lap quilt of my own design, made in April with leftovers from an earlier quilt

Being winter, it had taken a bit of time to find the right combination of good weather, the right light, and having a handy helper to hold it up, before I could get photos (and these aren't very wonderful, but the quilt certainly is!).


The 'stack of coin' strips are meant to invoke the idea of licorice allsort lollies - yummy!

I decided to applique Quinn's name across the top of each column.



I used simple straight line quilting, and the backing is flannel from my stash as well, with a black and white spotted binding.



It was finally gifted this week to little Quinn Stanway, second daughter of my former colleague, Jo Stanway - Quinn's older sister, Piper, was gifted a similar (but different) quilt in 2019.


Sharing this gorgeous creation (and the quilt too, of course) with all the wonderful quilting crowd that follow Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday linky party! Kia ora!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet quilt, and an appropriate name to go with it :) I love how you personalized this beauty with Quinn's name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen; is always a pleasure to make gifts like these.

      Delete
  2. Adorable! What a rosey cheek little baby! The quilt is amazing and OMG I want some licorice allsorts now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, yes, I was having cravings too!

      Delete
  3. Such a very cute quilt. I love the name at the top also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danice - her sister's quilt had her name embroidered onto it, so I figured I'd better do similar for Quinn.

      Delete