Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Moravian Star Christmas Decoration

 

Right! Has been a while since I added to the blog, so will start with my most recent finish...this Moravian Star that I started at the 2022 Quilting Symposium in Lower Hutt last week.

This is an English paper-pieced decoration - I started it in a class with the lovely Kiwi tutor, Cheryl Katz-Rae of Heartfelt Handmade (Facebook / Instagram) (now my new friend in crafting!) 

I was determined this would be done by Christmas (and not join the pile of UFO projects from the previous two symposiums in 2017 and 2019!)

I took the option to purchase a kit from Cheryl, which she put together with the diamond acrylic template, the paper pieces, the French General fabrics, and the little buttons for embellishment and ribbon for the hanger.

I managed to get six 'flowers' (each one side/face of the final, twelve-sided decoration) completed during the one-day class, then spent another happy day sewing on Monday to finish off the other six and put them altogether. 




The one inch diamonds are definitely the smallest size EPP that I think I would ever want to work with, as quite fiddly, but so effective for this project.  And so tempting to make another to see what it will look like with different fabrics/colours.

Also sharing with everyone at Michelle's (Bolt to Beauty) Beauties Pageant

and with Kelly's (My Quilt Infatuation) Needle and Thread Thursday linky party 

and Wendy's (W's Quilts and More) Peacock Party - kia ora!

UPDATE: gifted to my wonderful Teacher Aide, Liz Scott, for Xmas/thank you gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment